Friday 28 November 2008

A Social Workers Poem - by Ian Josephs

In my months of researching the various laws etc, I came across a very interesting gentleman on the web. As I read more of what he has written I knew exactly what he was talking about, anyway I thought you may like a poem of his:


A SOCIAL WORKER'S POEM

I am a social worker,
I'm really very nice.
I help you loving mothers,
And give you good advice!

Your partner has departed
Your income is too low.
I'm really very sorry,
All your kids will have to go!

Your partner is abusive?
He beats you black and blue?
We'll soon be there to help you,
And take your children too!

You have a learning problem,
You're really not too clever
We'll get your kids adopted
When can you see them?? NEVER!!

Your son is hyperactive?
You need a brief respite;
We'll soon take ALL your children
Give up the hopeless fight!

Your child was taken into care,
So many years ago
If now you have a baby
That too will have to go!

Foster parents love your kids
To get some more they seek,
For each one brings a tidy sum
£400 per week!!

Children's homes are run by us,
Where paedophiles abound
Each time we cover up abuse
"The gutter press" come round

"They" said adoptions worked the best
We soon proved that they would
Fathers shout and mothers cry
Their kids are gone for good!

What happens in our special courts?
Our experts they will say
"You're a danger to your children,
So we'll take them all away!"

Your children may be healthy,
Happy and well fed
But one day you might hurt them
That's what our experts said

The judges know that we are right,
With us they will agree
They dare not risk another course
You have no chance you see!

Our special courts are secret,
So don't you breathe a word
Of what goes on inside those walls
No matter how absurd!

We'll get your kids adopted,
And don't you dare complain!
Or you'll end up in prison
And I won't say that again!

We have adoption targets,
They must be met you see,
Failure means a reprimand,
So spare a thought for me!!!

by IAN JOSEPHS (a very social worker!)

4 comments:

One Day said...

Hi, I ve copied and pasted the comment here that for some unknown reason did not get to me:



Hi VFC,

Sorry to use you as an intermediary but last night I tried to post a comment on One Day's blog. I was suprised she didnt show my post but may be she thought I was a social worker in disguise.
I have just tried posting again but I couldn't get it to go through. Below is what I have written tonight. I hope you dont mind if I place it here.

Thank you VFC.

Hi One Day.
I noticed you didn't post my comment to you yesterday. Perhaps it was because your site was down for a bit. I actually had 2 One Day blog windows open for a while last night. One was reading fine but the other said 'blog removed'. I didn't want to close the good window in case I never saw your blog again. I had only just discovered it. It was a massive relief and sadness for me to read your blog- like "its not just me!" Thank you for being so brave airing whats happening to your family in the public domain. I sincerely hope you get what you want.

28 November 2008 14:49

One Day said...

I believe this kind of treatment is happening to more people than anyone realises. I am hoping that I can make some small change and bring experiances and information to people - no-one should be made to feel alone.


Always remember The Social Services use fear and intimidation to get away with these acts - based on my own experiances. They rely on shame and embarrassment of the situation to silence people.

Anonymous said...

Ditto my experiences
Fear....YES
Intimidation....YES
Shame.......YES
Embarassment.....YES
Poor listening skills....YES
Aloof.........Some of them
Nasty.........Some of them
Attitude from onset.....'We're right and you're wrong'
Result....made the situation worse for my children.

One Day said...

Hi, I agree with all you said except I would say they have no listening skills at all, I ve had more responce talking to a wall :)